Museum of traditional culture Braslav is the place where you will certainly look the tourists who have chosen rest in the Braslav lakes in Belarus.
The Museum was founded in 1991, then he went by another name – "Braslav House of Crafts". Later it was renamed the Crafts Museum, and later, in 2001, he began to wear the modern name.
The Museum is located in a building with an area for demonstrations of 230 square meters. There are only one constant composition and multiple time. More than 180 objects are represented in them. The Museum building is situated in the historical centre of the city on the shores of the largest lake in Belarus - lake Drivyaty.
Exhibition hall 1 – modern art collection of Ethnography and archaeology.
Exhibition hall 2 – exhibition masters club "At the lake" - contemporary photography and art.
Crafts: history of woodcarving, pottery, basketry and weaving in Braslau district.
Photos: the history of the building with text and photographs.
The Museum has a gift shop, where anyone who came to stay in Belarusmay acquire gifts.
Activities of the Museum
Museum of traditional culture Braslav engaged in the collection and study of the technologies of weaving, Handicrafts, weaving of reeds, the traditional costumes of the Braslav region, felting boots and local cuisine.
On the basis of the Museum hosts the following cultural events.
- Classes crafts (development of technologies, manufacturing of products).
- Workshops on traditional crafts (making whistles out of clay, birds, straw weaving belts on the plates, etc.).
- Master classes – working with clay, work with a Potter's wheel, firing.
- Museum night is held once a year. During this event the Museum night, concerts and shows.
- Craft fairs in the summer. Presentation of local Handicrafts.
- "Wedding mill" - meeting in the youth costumes, the story about the rituals at the wedding, arts and crafts.
Visit the Museum: open daily 9:00 – 18:00 (closed on Mondays). You can visit the tour lasting 20 or 45 minutes.
Location on map
Vitebsk region, Braslav district, Braslaw, St. Gagarin, 7a (~235 km from Minsk)
GPS coordinates: 55.63414, 27.03865